McMillanDoolittle is currently seeking an analyst with experience in consumer research to join our consulting team as a Research Associate. This individual will be responsible for providing planning and analytical support for the firm’s client engagements with a focus on consumer research activities.
The Research Associate supports the design and execution of primary research studies, analyzes consumer data, and generates actionable insights for external client audiences. This position will collaborate with the Consumer Insights Director to support consulting projects and contribute to the firm’s retail thought leadership. This is a client-facing role that is instrumental in fueling our firm’s strategy business based on data and insights we receive directly from consumers.
- Provides research support and business analysis for retail consulting projects under the direction of Partners and Consumer Insights Director
- Assists with quantitative consumer research, such as survey writing and programming, panel coordination and distribution, statistical analysis and report development
- Supports qualitative research activities from planning through execution, including focus groups, in-depth interviews, in-store customer intercepts, online bulletin boards, and accompanied shops
- Analyzes consumer-level data from additional sources, such as government databases, social media, online reviews, and external market research reports
- Creates client-ready reports and presentations, highlighting key trends, distilling concise insights, identifying patterns, and delivering actionable insights and recommendations
- Provides additional analytical project support as needed by contributing to merchandise and financial analysis, global retail benchmarking, and industry research
- Assists with general project management and administration, retail trends presentations, and business development activities, such as retail study tours, client proposals, blog contributions, communications processes, and special publications
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of professional experience in an analytical role
- Prior retail and consumer insights experience is a plus and a passion for retail and research is a must
Additional Background and Skills Required:
- Skills: Experience with data analysis. Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required. Research experience and knowledge of consumer research tools, such as Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, Nielsen systems, etc. is a plus. Thoroughness and attention to detail a must.
- Personal Qualities: Quick study, critical thinker, creative, responsible and self-motivated. Able to work under tight deadlines as a team player in small company environment. Strong interpersonal and client service skills. Thrives in a project-based work environment.
- Other Requirements: Strong research and data acumen. Retail experience preferred. Some travel will be required to client sites, retail stores, and field research locations.
Location: Chicago, River North.
Please fill out the form below or send your cover letter and resume to Felicia Greenbaum at email@example.com.